Re: Debian Testing and Qosmio G45-AV680. Problems.

Is your SD reader built-in or a USB device? Did it used to work? What's the output of "lspci" that pertains to it? Usually these things are SCSI emulated. Which modules did you try to insert to make it work?
   -Josiah

Alejandro Salas wrote:
Hi everyone, I installed Testing a couple of weeks ago. Everything went smoothly, except for a couple of things. My function keys to adjust the screen's brightness worked great, but when I installed the nvidia drivers they went dead. What's worse, if I start X, I cannot shut it down or go to a tty, because my screen turns off :-S.

Another thing, my SD reader doesn't work, lspci shows it. I tried a couple of things I found on the web (loading modules, using setpci, etc), but nothing worked. When I insert a SD card dmesg or /var/log/messages don't report a thing.

Any help is greatly appreciated it
Thanx for everything

--
Wm. Josiah Erikson