Re: 97% use of / system

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 06:05:42PM -0500, Dave Sherohman wrote:

   > Realistically, if you're not going to install to additional machines and
   > it's been more than a day or two since you installed a package (to
   > provide time to notice any install/configuration problems), the odds of
   > needing the deb again are pretty much nil.  Using "clean" instead of
   > "autoclean" will be fine in the large majority of cases.

For those cases where you need to install debs on machines which are
not connected to the net or have slow connection/limited bandwidth,
dpkg-repack is your friend.

I use it regularly and it is a whole lot easier than downloading
packages again.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                 GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

Felson's Law:
	To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from
	many is research.