Hard Drive Problem

After cpu failure and replacement Debian Lenny system bootup fails with a message:

   /bin/cat: /sys/block/hdb/hdb1/dev No such file or directory

This is repeated several times and then again for hdb5. Finally kernel panic.

I have run Western Digital's extended test on hdb and found no errors. I am able to boot the system with a Debian Live cd and mount and read files on hdb1 and hdb2.

Any suggestions as to how I can fully recover the system?

Tom