apt-cacher starting twice

Hi,

I have installed apt-cacher in a Debian Lenny (fully updated) I also
have apache on that server (if this matters), the problem is that at
startup apt-cacher tries to start twice, the first one goes well, and
the second is unable to bind the port (TCP 3142) because it is taken
by the first run.

This is my /etc/default/apt-cacher

************
# set to 1 to start the daemon at boot time
AUTOSTART=1
****************************

This is the output for ls /etc/rc2.d/

**************************
K08vmware       S11klogd    S20cpufreqd      S20nfs-common
S20sysstat          S26network-manager-dispatcher  S89cron
S99rmnologin
K20apt-cacher   S12dbus     S20cpufrequtils  S20nvidia-kernel
S24avahi-daemon     S30gdm                         S90vmware
S99stop-bootlogd
README          S16ssh      S20cupsys        S20openbsd-inetd
S24dhcdbd           S30system-tools-backends       S91apache2
S05loadcpufreq  S18portmap  S20exim4         S20policycoreutils
S24hal              S89anacron                     S99fail2ban
S10sysklogd     S20acpid    S20hotkey-setup  S20polipo
S26network-manager  S89atd                         S99rc.local

****************************

And this is the output for cat /var/log/boot | grep apt-cacher

**************************
Wed May 21 09:03:05 2008: Starting Apt-Cacher: apt-cacher.
Wed May 21 09:03:29 2008: Starting Apt-Cacher: apt-cacherUnable to
bind socket ( port 3142), trying again in 5 seconds.
Wed May 21 09:03:39 2008: Unable to bind socket ( port 3142),
/usr/sbin/apt-cacher not started.
**************************

If I run ps auxw | grep apt-cacher

I can see it running, and it is working and responding to requests, If I run

/etc/init.d/apt-cacher restart

it respond, that it cannot bind port 3142, Even though it is running,
there is not /var/run/apt-cacher file If I kill the running apt-cacher
instance (using kill) I can then start it using the
/etc/init.d/apt-cacher start command, and then a /var/run/apt-cacher
appears.

I do not know who is starting the first instance or the second, If I
rename the file
/etc/rc2.d/S20apt-cacher to /etc/rc2.d/K20apt-cacher, it start just
once, but who is starting that? my file /etc/rc.local is empty, you
could say let it that way, because now is working, but I can not do a
/etc/init.d/apt-cacher restart, and most of all, I want to understand
what is going on,

thanks in advance and hope I have not inserted too much garbage and
yet enough info.

--
Guillermo Garron
"Linux IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are."