Re: Alt-gr key not working correctly under X after a testing upgrade

Hi,

> I tried this configuration and it works for me. AltGr+3 produces "#" and
> AltGr+6 produces "|". I run Sid, but you should have the same versions
> of xserver-xorg-input-kbd (1:1.2.2-3) and xkb-data
> (1.2~cvs.20080501.1-1) if your Lenny system is up-to-date. I do have a
> newer kernel (2.6.25), but I think this is an Xorg issue and not a
> kernel problem.

Yes, you're right, the versions are the same, except that I run &
2.6.24 kernel.

> I compared my output for "xmodmap -pke" with yours. The only thing that
> diff turns up is that I have shifted Multi_key from keycode 227 to
> keycode 116 (where you have Super_R). I don't think this should make any
> difference. Can you post your modifier map, i.e. the output of "xmodmap
> -pm"?

In fact, thanks to your help, I think I solved the problem, which was
caused by my .xmodmaprc.

My previous xmodmaprc was the following :

,----[ xmodmaprc ]
| clear Lock
| keycode 227 = Multi_key
| add Mod4 = Caps_Lock
| add Lock = Multi_key
`----

And I found that these settings, since the upgrade, did modify the
Mod5 modifier by removing one of the ISO_Level3_Shift from it.

Then I changed my .xmodmaprc to the following :

,----[ .xmodmaprc ]
| clear Lock
| keycode 227 = Multi_key
| keycode 113 = ISO_Level3_Shift
| add Lock = Multi_key
| add Mod4 = Caps_Lock
| add Mod5 = ISO_Level3_Shift
`----

And now it seems to work right.

What I find strange is that everything was fine befor my upgrade, but
maybe my original xmodmaprc was buggy, as I am very far form an expert
in these sort of things...

Thanks for your help !

--
Julien