Re: Anti-gaming Behaviour of Keyboard Driver

Dmitryi & Elf:

> The default keyboard driver doesn't allow multiple simultaneous key
> presses. This is a big problem for an FPS, as it means the player can
> either strafe, turn, or shoot. Looks like only four or so keys can be
> pressed simultaneously (tested with a couple Quake clients, Tyr Quake and
> Tenebrae). This might be an X limitation (?)

On my system, pressing multiple keys at once (for example in Quake3
Arena, which doesn't run properly for other reasons here) works fine.
You might want to check your settings in xorg.conf and your desktop
environment's keyboard and/or accessability settings.

J.
--
I like my Toyota RAV4 because of the commanding view of the traffic
jams.