Re: Python error

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 11:41:12 -0700, Seshadri T N wrote:
> This is the error that I get on my lenny machine when updating. I have both
> python 2.4 and 2.5 currently installed.  It would be greatly appreciated if
> someone could give me pointers on rectifying this error.
>
> <SNIP>
>
> Setting up python (2.5.2-1) ...
> running python rtupdate hooks for python2.5...
> Compiling /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/spambayes/Corpus.py ...
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/spambayes/Corpus.py", line 82
>     from __future__ import generators
> SyntaxError: from __future__ imports must occur at the beginning of the file
>
> Compiling /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/spambayes/FileCorpus.py ...
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/spambayes/FileCorpus.py", line 85
>     from __future__ import generators
> SyntaxError: from __future__ imports must occur at the beginning of the file
>
> Compiling /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/spambayes/message.py ...
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/spambayes/message.py", line 78
>     from __future__ import generators
> SyntaxError: from __future__ imports must occur at the beginning of the file
>
> pycentral: pycentral updatedefault: error byte-compiling files (49)
> pycentral updatedefault: error byte-compiling files (49)
> error running python rtupdate hook pycentral

I think these three files in /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/spambayes/
are not part of Debian and they appear to be buggy. Maybe you can remove
the files and/or whatever package put them their, or at least you could
try to hide them temporarily so that the installation script stops
trying to byte-compile them.

          Florian   |