Re: Where does apt store its arch?

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 08:31:59PM -0700, Daniel Burrows wrote:

>   It's built into apt using the configuration variable COMMON_ARCH
>   (apt-pkg/init.cc:36), which is set by "configure" from the output of
>   "dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_ARCH" (configure.in:91).

Thank you! This was very helpful.

With the information you gave me, I found that apt-config treats:

    APT::Architecture "i386";

as a compiled-in default, which can be overriden in /etc/apt/apt.conf.
So, if I needed to, I could override it there, although that would
probably be a daft thing to do in most cases. :)

For anyone else who may be curious, you can check architecture with:

    apt-config dump | fgrep Arch (from apt package)
    dpkg-architecture (from dpkg-dev package)

Thanks again for the help!

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"
	-- Doctor Who, "Destiny of the Daleks"