Re: Option to call apt install package to local directory

On 05/10/2008 03:28 PM, Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 10:42:27AM -0500, Mumia W.. wrote:

There is no single command to do this. You would use several simple commands instead.

First use this to get the URL:
apt-get --print-uris package

Then select the URL and use wget to download it:
wget "URL"

What's wrong with 'aptitude download'? There is also a -d option for apt-get but I don't know where the package gets saved, the man page doesn't specify (aptitude saves it to the current dir).

Regards,
Andrei

There's nothing wrong with 'aptitude download', but there was something wrong with me: I didn't know about that. Sorry.

The "-d" option to apt-get downloads to /var/cache/apt/archives

So you can download to that directory and just copy the .deb to your current directory.