VPN and KNetworkManager

Hi!

I can't set up KnetworkManager to connect to my vpn server.

I connect though normally using the traditional openvpn, under this
configuration:
(Inside the /etc/openvpn folder I have my certificate: gpall-cert-2008.p12)

remote xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

dev tap0
client

# UDP 53
proto udp
port 53

pkcs12 gpall-cert-2008.p12

comp-lzo
verb 3
cipher DESX-CBC

ns-cert-type server

The problem is that whatever configuration/combination I try with the
available options:
X.509
X.509 with password
Preshared key
Password authentication

I can't get it to work.

It gives me a pop-up:

Activation stage: Getting IP configuration...

and after some seconds:

VPN Connect Failure
Could not start the VPN connection 'xxx' due to a connection error.
The VPN login failed because the VPN program could not connect to the
VPN server

Something interesting is that using tcpdump during the connection trial,
no packet whatsoever was sent to the remote vpn server...

Any ideas?

Giorgos