Re: decoding

Mumia W.. wrote:
| On 05/09/2008 06:31 PM, Frank McCormick wrote:
|>

|> Someone sent me an email which **appears* to be base64 encoded?
|>

|> here's the first few lines:
|>
|> - --Boundary_(ID_lsgMnwyfMlYdcpjna13q/Q)

U29tZSBSZWFsbHkgR3JlYXQgTW9tZW50cyBvZiBSYWRpbyB0aGlzIHdlZWsuIFdlIGhlYXJkIGZy

b20gaW5zaWRlIEJ1cm1hIGEgUXVlYmVjZXIncyBmaXJzdCBoYW5kIGFjY291bnQuIFdlIGxhdWdo

ZWQgb3ZlciB0aGUgVm9nZWwgZmFtaWx5J3Mgc3RpbGwgZHVyaW5nIFByb2hpYml0aW9uIGFuZCB3

|> It ends with :
|>

|> - --Boundary_(ID_Ta8U5Dd8tk/FeCjCVPGiyw)--
|>

| Huh?
|
| That's not the right boundary. Below is the right boundary.
|
|> - --Boundary_(ID_lsgMnwyfMlYdcpjna13q/Q)--
|>

|> Base64 doesn't know what to do with this file.
|>

| Of course not. Base64 expects each message part to have a beginning and
| an end, and message parts cannot (AFAIK) be interleaved.
|
|> Help anyone?
|>

| I suspect that whatever software created the message is broken. Delete
| the spurious message boundary line and decode using munpack or another
| Base64 decoder. Since that is a private message to you, I won't ask you
| to send it to me, but I am curious...

~  I'll try it when i get a chance.. but as I told Ron Johnson when I
exported it from Sylpheed and imported it into Thunderbird it all became
clear! I have no idea what went on. But I''ll try your method.

Frank

- --