Re: USB-pendrive boot?

On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 11:18:17AM -0400, ISHWAR RATTAN wrote:

> I just bought a new HP-DV6700z notebook.
> It does not have the option to boot from
> (bootable pen-drive). The USB boot options are
>  - USB floppy
>  - USB Diskette on key
>
> The desktop is able to boot from the pen-drive.

Debian can boot from floppy (last time I checked) so use USB floppy if
you have a floppy drive.

Someone suggested the pen-drive option.

What's on the hard drive?  Do you care to keep any of it?  There's
goodbye-microsoft.com.

You can follow the hd-media section (hard drive install) from the full
installation manual.  You would use whatever OS to install the pieces,
then perhaps a grub bootloader on floppy or USB to boot the correct
image.

Doug.