Re: Cannot remove Google maps sidebar

Rich Healey wrote:

>Cameron Hutchison wrote:
>> When I visit Google maps (http://maps.google.com/) using either Epiphany
>> or Iceweasel on my Debian sid system, I do not get the little triangle
>> button in the map sidebar that collapses it. This only happens for me
>> with Debian. On my systems with Ubuntu, google maps works as expected.
>>
>> Does anyone know why this may be happening?

>At a guess, one of the debian patches is breaking it.

Possibly. It is a little strange that the Ubuntu version works though,
being based on the Debian version.

>Try a binary release, or build you own and compare.

I'd rather not do that. I prefer to keep to Debian packaged components.
As a last ditch effort, I may try that to see if I can isolate the
issue, but for now I'll see if anyone on the mailing list knows anything
about this.

>Are you using FF2 or 3b?

I am using Epiphany 2.22.1.1-1, and Iceweasel 2.0.0.14-2. These are the
versions currently in Debian sid. I've had the problem since December
last year (2007) when I re-installed Debian and dropped Ubuntu, so it is
not something just introduced.