Re: exim4 config for Lenny?

what does this error below mean??

E: exim4: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured

this is what I get when I went to install xorg-dev(among other things..):
The following partially installed packages will be configured:
  exim4 exim4-daemon-light

and when it was over:
 exim4 depends on exim4-daemon-light | exim4-daemon-heavy |
exim4-daemon-custom; however:
  Package exim4-daemon-light is not configured yet.
  Package exim4-daemon-heavy is not installed.
  Package exim4-daemon-custom is not installed.
dpkg: error processing exim4 (--configure):
 exim4-daemon-light
 exim4

Same error I mentioned earlier, and someone else pointed out over the weekend.

Can someone more familiar with deb packages explain how he can get the actual error that occurs when it tries to configure exim4?

As I said earlier,  I 'fixed' it by installing postfix instead....

Brian