Re: usb to serial

On Sun, 4 May 2008, Ron Johnson engaged keyboard and shared this with us all:
>--} On 05/04/08 00:54, Charlie wrote:
>--} [snip]
>--} >
>--} > I have used a USB to RS232 Cable for some years with Linux Debian,
> coupled to --} > an external dialup modem and it worked a treat without
> fault. It was not a --} > fancy brand named cable, just one that I picked
> up in a computer shop, and --} > was about 1 metre long I think? I haven't
> used it with testing for about 3 --} > months because I now use satellite.
> So something may have changed since then? --}
>--} What does it's lsusb entry look like?

Unfortunately I can't tell you because I no longer use it. But it was plugged
into a four port comsol powerless USB hub, and was found by pon without any
problems. I have forgotten how I set it up, no wait, I used it straight from
the install of Sarge, and then it just kept working. I never had reason to
query it or if I did, I have forgotten.

Sorry I can't be of more help. the modem was a Maestro Woomera dialup modem if
that's any help.

Charlie
--
Registered Linux User:- 329524
Having no destination, I am never lost. --------IKKYU

Debian, just the best way to create magic