Re: HELP - Can't boot - I/O error reading swsusp.image

On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 05:23:46PM -0400, wa9als@gmail.com wrote:
> Help!  I rebooted my Etch server (was not having problems prior), and
> it stops early with:
>
> Begin: Running /scripts/local-premount . . .
> kinit: name_to_dev_t(/dev/hda2) = hda2 (3,2)
> kinit: trying to resume from /dev/hda2
> Attempting manual resume
> attempt to access beyond end of device
> hda2: rw=16, want=8, limit=2
> I/O error reading swsusp image.
>
> /dev/hda2 is my swap partition
>
> I'm a real newbie - What's the easiest way to get past this?

Someone else just had a thread about problems with swsusp (suspend to
swap).  You can search for that thread, but I'd suggest you boot with
the install CD in rescue mode, run a shell on your system, run aptitude
and remove swsusp.  Then again, I never need to suspend.

Doug.