Re: growisofs not writing dual-layer DVDs on Philips PBDV1640P

On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 06:27:02PM +0100, Pigeon wrote:
> ...cdrecord doesn't work either:
>
> pigeon@pindix:~/lpntv/dvd/tmp/lpntv-15.01$ cdrecord -v speed=2 dev=1,0,0  dvd.iso
<snip>
> Sense Code: 0x72 Qual 0x01 (session fixation error writing lead-in) Fru 0x0

...I have discovered that there is a firmware update for
the PBDV1640P to sort this particular error. Perhaps if
I apply that, I will then at least be able to use
cdrecord.

Only the manky swine have only published the updater as a
Windoze app :-(

So...

Has anyone tried running the Philips DVD drive firmware
updater under wine?

If it works, great. If it doesn't work... nothing is
any worse. But if it half works I'll probably end up
with a DVD writer that no longer writes any kind of
DVD. So I'd like to hear if anyone else has tried it
before I experiment!

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons