Re: making a fileserver

On Sat, 3 May 2008 11:17:30 +0200
LÉVAI Dániel <leva@ecentrum.hu> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm in a need of a file/printer server, which I'll be deploying to
> serve win and linux clients. My plan is to use Debian stable as the
> server and I need some advices/experiences on what
> protocol/filesystem should I use to make the fileserver part.
> Currently, I'm thinking of Samba, because the win clients can only
> use that; is this correct?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Daniel

Take a look at muCommander[1]! It's a file manager written in Java, and
it claims that it can access NFS (and other) shares. Haven't tried it
from Windows though.

[1] http://www.mucommander.com/

--
Nyizsa.
http://nyizsa.uni.cc

Find out how you can get spam free email.
http://www.bluebottle.com/tag/3