Re: swap help please

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 5:39 PM, Daniel Dalton <daniel.dalton@iinet.net.au> wrote:

So when I reboot my computer it stops and asks me this question and once I answer continues booting:
"could not stat the resume device file '/dev/sda8'"
I typ in /dev/sda5 and it works ok.

So I imagine its trying to use sda8 as swap so how do I fix this?
fstab is ok since it says sda5 which is what I want and when I grep /etc for sda8 it looks ok as well...

So how can I stop this error message from coming up at start up and how do I tell it to use sda5 by default?

The resume device is defined in /etc/uswsusp.conf.  The line you're looking for will be:

resume device = /dev/sda8

There appears to be other important configuration information in here beyond the location of the device.  You may need to do some more research before just changing that line.  Perhaps some others on this list can help, as well.

--
Chris