Re: can't send a bugreport in emacs

Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> writes:

> On 2008-05-01 06:34 +0200, Alexandru Cardaniuc wrote:
>
>> I am trying to send a bugreport in emacs through debian-bug. After
>> sending' the bug report, I receive the following message in my
>> mailbox.
>> From: Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon@sonataiii> Subject: Mail
>> delivery failed: returning message to sender To: alexandru@sonataiii
>> Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 21:28:42 -0700
>> This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
>> A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
>> recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
>> failed:
>> submit@bugs.debian.org Mailing to remote domains not supported
>

>> Do I need to configure reportbug to be able to send bugreports? Or
>> something else?

> Not reportbug, no. You might have to configure Emacs, though.

Well, sending it directly through reportbug failed too. That's what I get:

Report will be sent to "Debian Bug Tracking System" <submit@bugs.debian.org>

Submit this report (e to edit) [Y|n|a|c|e|i|l|m|p|q|?]? Y

Connecting to bugs.debian.org via SMTP...

SMTP send failure: (110, 'Connection timed out')

Are you sure I don't need to configure reportbug?

--
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
- Ancient Proverb