Re: VIM question

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 11:18:27AM +1000, Alex Samad wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have just started using tab windows in gvim, thought I would try it
> out in vim.
>
> but I can't change windows with <C-PGUP> <C-PGDN>.  My first thought was
> to use map to map c-pgup to tabn and c-pgdn to tabp.  The next thought
> was to find out the differences in the setup of gvim and vim why it
> worked in one and not the other.
>
> I tried issuing a map in both vim and gvim - neither helped me, I looked
> at /etc/vim/{gvim.rc,vim.rc} not help
>
> and I am not sure what syntax to use for control-page up is it <C-PGUP>

as always a few seconds after mailing I find something to help

I have added these comments to my .vimrc

map ^[[5^ :tabp<cr>
map ^[[6^ :tabn<cr>

I used ctrl-v to end ctrl-pgup and ctrl-pgdn - seems like <C-PGDN> and
<C-PGUP> did not work.

Still not sure on why the difference between gvim and vim

Alex

--
"The fact that he relies on facts -- says things that are not factual -- are going to undermine his campaign."

	- George W. Bush
03/04/2000
on Al Gore, in the New York Times