Re: bits/news from the users of Debian?

Peter Hugosson-Miller <PHugosson-Miller@cdcsoftware.com> wrote:
> Here at work we have one single Linux installation in a sea of Windoze:
> a PC running Debian "woody" [...]

> At home my latest installation is also "woody" [...]

Woody's pretty old now. But I guess you know that.

You might want to step forwards through Sarge to Etch. FWIW I run Lenny
(testing) on my production boxes and so far it has been rock solid.

> If I had any comments or suggestions on how to improve Linux/Debian, it
> would be the sound. Despite running Debian exclusively at home for over
> 10 years, I never managed to get the sound working properly [...]

Jumping forward to a more current version of debian might well help with
the sound problems, especially as you say that the Knoppix Live CD gets
it right.

Chris