Re: Bochs? Anybody {using,used,know anything about} it?

Paul Johnson wrote the following on 04/11/2008 09:07 PM:
On Friday 11 April 2008 06:21:39 pm Dennis G. Wicks wrote:
Greetings,

Just stumbled over some software known as Bochs. It
sounds as if I could install that on my Debian 4.0
system and then be able to run Win 2k as needed in a
"partition" when needed.

Is Bochs fast enough to be practical? I have a P4,
1.5GB mem. What I do right now is use several networked
laptops running Windows & VNC.

Right now I am beginning to look for better alternatives.

I found bochs to be exceedingly difficult to use compared to other alternatives, such as virtualbox-ose, which runs fantastically and is fairly simple to use. Note that virtualization isn't suitable for gaming, and odds are high you can probably get it done easier in wine instead of wasting space on a whole windows install.