Re: OT: what scripting language to learn?

Damon L. Chesser wrote:
I keep coming up against a wall "Solid scripting experience required" in my job search (for Linux sys admin). IYHO, what would be the one scripting language to learn?

Several other responses suggest "sh", with "awk" and "sed", etc.

I second those suggestions, but have one thing to add: learn regex syntax, and learn it well. They can be "mind benders", but if you don't know how to use them, your use of UNIX/Linux command line utilities will suffer.

--
Bob McGowan