Re: browsers have become memory hogs

tom arnall wrote:
On Thursday 10 April 2008 14:14, andy wrote:

Thierry Chatelet wrote:

On Thursday 10 April 2008 21:45:32 Ron Johnson wrote:

On 04/10/08 14:35, tom arnall wrote:

all of a sudden browsers have become memory hogs on my system (>95%).
i've

I don't see how a single process could use 95% of memory on a 32-bit
system.

tried iceweasel, opera, galeon. all with the same result. i'm running
debian etch.

Have you performed any updates lately?  Installed non-debianized
software?

How long does it take for the browsers to suck up all that
un-specified amount of memory?

How many tabs and windows do you have open?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

We want... a Shrubbery!!

I got the same problem-sid- and it is npviewer which is eating something
up to 17% CPU per tab. I think I am going to the thing...
Thierry

I have been running Iceweasel in the background for the last 3 days. I
am running approx 3% swap (on 1 GB allocated) and according to top
Firefox-bin uses ~10.6% mem. This is just running FF in the background
(minimised)

and what does CPU% look like?

CPU ~1% with 5 tabs open in one window.