VLC-Player no picture in VLC-Frame via Beamer

Etch
VLC-Player
Dell Latitude D 520
Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/940GML Express Integrated Graphics
Controller

Hello,

I am downloading videos from youtube via youtubecatcher and save them as
*.flv.

When playing them with VLC , I get the complete picture on my notebook-LFP.

The beamer-projection shows the complete picture seen on the LFP except the
video within the VLC-player.

I had a similar problem with kaffeine. DVD-videos were seen on LFP but not via
beamer. But only the video-frame was missing, not the kaffeine-stuff all
around.
Changing the xine-values in properties/video to xshm was the solution.

Any ideas what might help in this case or which list I might ask?

Thanks

Bernd