Re: cupsys does not print

On 04/04/2008, Damon L. Chesser <damon@damtek.com> wrote:
> Two systems:  amd64 and i386.  Both ran Sid.  printer is networked with
> 192.168.200.150.  Added printer via localhost:631 as a network (LPD) printer
> url is lpd://192.168.200.150/lpt1.
>
>  The printer comes to life, the data light blinks (Samsung ML-1430) then the
> server stops making noise but the data light keeps blinking.  No paper comes
> out.

In the administration page of Cups, is the printer in correct state?
I.e., not stopped?

Have you tried to increase the verbosity level to 'debug'?  Otherwise,
some messages useful for troubleshooting may have been lost.

>  This worked a month ago on Sid (amd64 box) before I test drove ubuntu.

Can you recover the configuration file of Cups for that installation,
e.g., a backup?

Regards,
Bernardo