Re: missing codecs.conf

Haines Brown wrote:
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI <ekalin@gmail.com> writes:

Haines Brown wrote:

	libavformat file format detected.
	LAVF_header: av_open_input_stream() failed

	Exiting... (End of file)

So I did $ mplayer -v MPlayer 1.0rc1-4.1.2-DFSG-free (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
	get_path('codecs.conf') -> '/home/brownh/.mplayer/codecs.conf'
Reading /home/brownh/.mplayer/codecs.conf: Can't open '/home/brownh/.mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory Reading /etc/mplayer/codecs.conf: Can't open '/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory
	Using built-in default codecs.conf.
You do not need win32codecs to play DVDs. Also, I don't really think
codecs.conf is necessary.

Perhaps you need the libdvdcss2 library to decrypt encrypted DVDs.
Debian does not carry it, but you can get it from
www.debian-multimedia.org . I don't know if the standard Debian version
of mplayer can use it even if it is installed by the user, but you'd
probably be better off using the mplayer from debian-multimedia anyway.

Eduardo, I installed the libdvdcss2, but it didn't help. I looked for
the debian mplayer you suggested, but debian-multimedia.org seems to
simply point me back to the debian apt repositories.
hi,

sorry: i forgot one thing: with fakeroot you can build easily a debian package yourself, from the mplayer tarball.

regards,

steef

--
drs. steef van duin