Re: Spam filters (was Re: IMPORTANT BUSINESS blah blah)

On Sun Apr 06, 2008 at 11:05:15 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> > can the moderator please remove this idiot from the list??  Ive been
> > getting this junk no less than ten times a day for lord knows how long.
> > ~  Thank you.
>
> Tbird/Icedove has a spam filter.  Are you using it?

  A client-side filter isn't the best solution, and we should always
 strive to stop this stuff at source, or failing that at the
 list-server.

  If you filter spam at the client you waste bandwidth downloading
 messages which are junk.  That is a real issue for people who have
 to pay by the Mb of content, or who have minimal traffic allowances.

Steve
--
Managed Anti-Spam Service
http://mail-scanning.com/