Re: lost SD card with newer kernels

On 04/04/2008 04:02 PM, Ernst Doubt wrote:
I have a 2.6.18 (self-compiled) kernel that I can use to successfully mount
an SD card from my camera, but when I built a newer, more trimmed down
kernel, my SD card access is no longer available.  I thought I had enabled
all the correct hardware options, but apparently I've missed something.

My config is at http://pastebin.com/m9d3c9ea

This is a Dell Precision M90 that's running sid.  The kernels I'm building
are from kernel.org and I'm not using debian-specific tools for that part.

       thanks in advance for any help,
              -ed

I see this in your config:

   1567. # CONFIG_MMC_SDHCI is not set
   1568. # CONFIG_MMC_WBSD is not set
   1569. # CONFIG_MMC_TIFM_SD is not set

Enable these and some of the other items under "Device Drivers--> MMC/SD card support" in "make menuconfig" (if that's what you're using to configure the kernel). I advise enabling them as modules and also enabling "automatic module loading support."

Good luck.