Re: IBM DB2 V9.5 32 bits failed to allocate share memory

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 05:22:13PM +0200, cypherstrong wrote:
> Ok in fact what I have saw is this
>
> First, db2 start with 256m share memory ...
> So it's ok, they are be able to do it on both system
>
> Second, they try to change by following the memory of the system
> On redhat, it's ok
> On debian, they don't do it properly
> Perhaps it set a too high value

Sounds like Redhat + the db2 guys are hand in glove.

Does a search on google with, e.g, db2 Debian, as the search terms bring
up any thing interesting, or even db2 linux

Or probably even better: db2 linux shmmax :-)

> I have try the express version, so no support for that I think
> I could try to ask
>
> I'm waiting for a new version of db2
> I will see if the problem persist
>
> Thanks for support

No problem, hopefully you at least can sleep a little better. :-)

--
Chris.
======