Re: Re: What's heppening to Debian? Mono?

"You do know that Mono is not a Microsoft Product and its produced by
FLOSS programmer. So its free software. I like free software. Its
impementing an open standard. I like open standards. At least for now
there is no patent claims, but I expect the SFLC, the PFLC and others to
be on the look-out, So unless Gnome hacker are double-agents, there
should be no issues."

Yes, I am aware that mono is not a Microsoft product. I like free software and open
standards, as well ;). Doesn't Novell develop mono?  However, there is concern that
it may infringe upon Microsoft IP. Am I too paranoid in my caution or
concerns?

I don't get straight answers when I put the question to mono devs and I am ridiculed
as ignorant or a FUD-spreader, but as far as I see it - there is cause for concern.
Writing is on the wall.

Can anyone assure me and others far more "important" than I, that embracing mono is
safe?  Or, as I guess, liability does exist, and it's only a matter of time.  Thus
far all I see is supposition.

Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?

Thanks.