Re: Installing a Lenny package to an Etch machine

Chris Walters wrote:
<snip>

Just wondering if you've tried the Debian Backports site for the packages you need? If they are there, they should install with no problems. If not, my best suggestion would be to grab the source, and compile it yourself, then make a .deb out of it and use the normal method to install what you just compiled.

Chris

OK - I'll give the backports site a shot first, and then if no dice I'll compile from source.

Thanks all.