Re: Debian is losing its users

On 03/27/2008 10:53 AM, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 11:58:02AM -0700, Jeff wrote:
If you want Debian to be popular with more people, work at making it better for more people.

However, be careful not to make it worse for the previously loyal users.
If you add fancy but fragile knobs and eye-candy, the fragility will
scare off anyone who wants to use Debian for a serious use rather than a
consumer kiddy's desktop.

Doug.

Correct. If I wanted Ubuntu, I'd be using Ubuntu. I want something close to a traditional Linux distribution, and that's Debian.