Re: Debian is losing its users

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 11:49 AM, Johannes Wiedersich
<johannes@physik.blm.tu-muenchen.de> wrote:
>  - From comparing the results on 'windows' and 'linux' of that site, it
>  would appear that only about three times as many people prefer the first
>  to the latter [3].
>  [3]
>  http://www.google.com/trends?q=debian%2C+linux&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

"Prefers" may or may not be true.  Here's the "rocks/sucks" metric,
from google, pages in English and French (my settings):

"windows rocks": 4740
"windows sucks": 67200
"linux rocks": 54300
"linux sucks": 55800
"debian rocks": 4490
"debian sucks": 1190

So Windows fares worst, by far.  Linux is about even, though with
positive hits that greatly outnumber Windows'.  Debian is,
interestingly, about as popular as Windows, without having accumulated
nearly the animosity.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh