Re: Debian is losing its users

But what about users who already installed that software?
They aren' t going to be in the count everytime, but they are still debian users.

2008/3/27, Deng Xiyue <manphiz-guest@users.alioth.debian.org>:
Wei Chen <wchenhk@gmail.com> writes:

> Simon Jolle wrote:
>> 2008/3/26, Wei Chen <wchenhk@gmail.com>:
>>> Hi,
>>
>> Hi Wei
>>
>>>  The search volume for Debian has been continuously decreasing in the
>>>  recent years, as shown in the search trend statistics of one of the most
>>>  famous search engines. This indicates that Debian is losing its users,
>>>  e.g. about 50% in the last 3 years.
>>
>> Link to this statistics?
>>

> Oh. Sorry. This page: http://www.google.com/trends?q=debian

I would suggest popularity contest data for essential packages as the
reference for Debian user number trend.  Though people are not forced
to install it, and apparently it cannot report the correct number of
users who are using Debian, it'll at least show the trend somewhat
more accurately.