Re: cron and command quote

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Jeff D <fixedored@gmail.com> wrote:
>  so with || we get execute command1 OR  command2, whic ever one executes
>  first. I don't believe that this would be the desired result in this
>  situation.

Not precisely. According to "man bash" a sequence of command1 ||
command2 means only execute the second command if the first command
returns a non-zero exit status. Conversely, commaand1 && command2
means only execute command2 if command1 returns an exit status of
zero. The command on the left hand side always gets executed first.