Re: Routing and Gnome PPP

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 04:31:40PM -0600, Walt L. Williams wrote:
> I have been successful in getting Debian onto the internet
> using Gnome PPP. (I have dailup) the one small quirk is
> I have to manually add a default route to ppp0 to get it to
> work.
>
> Is there a way to include the command to add a default
> route to Gnome PPP so I don't have to keep adding it
> manually?

Well, I use pppconf and just do "pon courier" (I have a 3Com Courier
modem) from a command line.  My /etc/ppp/peers/courier file has the
line:

defaultroute

which is added as a parameter to the pppd command line.

I've never used Gnome PPP (nor Gnome) but you're looking for some
"defaultroute" command.

Or, just switch to pppconfig and create a button that runs "pon" and
"poff".

Good luck.

Doug.