Re: Upgrade from Sarge to Etch didn't upgrade the kernel and broke software RAID

Siju George wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I upgraded from Sarge to Etch one of my servers.
> But the kernel is still the old kernel with sarge in the end and not
> Etch's. Any idea why?

Dont know the answer to your other question.

But in general, the kernel is not upgraded unless you have one of the kernel
meta packages installed. Even then, the old kernel is not removed. Having
old kernel around is quite handy, because if something goes amuck, you can
always reboot and use the old kernel till the problem(s) gets fixed.

hth
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi