Re: dependencies woes with Debian MediaWiki package

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 02:33:49PM +0100, Simon Jolle sjolle wrote:
> I posted the same topic on Mediawiki admins mailinglist. A Mediawiki
> developer[0] told that the Debian package is unsupported third-party and
> they receive a lot of complaints about it.

It is usual for upstream developers not to support the debian packages.
If you have troubles you should contact the maintainer/file a bug.

> So will install myself. The only downside that I need to care myself
> about security patches.

No, the debian maintainer should take care of that too (especially for
etch).

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)