Re: mdadm Raid1 Striped Reads

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 05:16:31PM -0400, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 01:24:53PM -0500, Sam Leon wrote:
> > Is there anyway to get mdadm to stripe disk reads in raid1?  Some of the
> > documentation I read makes me think that it does this by default but in
> > my tests it is not
>
> I'd like to know too.  It doesn't on my Etch box.

I believe that a single process's reads always come from one of the
disks.  You can have multiple readers using multiple disks, so it
still provides a benefit.

You could try using RAID-10 on 2 disks (this will work for Linux
md's implementation) to see if that will stripe it for even one
process's reads.

Cheers,
Andy

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB