Re: Merging all 30+ Debian CD's onto hard drive

On 3/20/08, Michael Paulsen <mtp5150@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi ya,
>
> Debian Etch now has over 30 CD's. I'm bored with CD swapping every
> time I want to install a new package. Is it possible to merge the CD's
> to my hard drive and direct APT or DPKG to use the hard drive instead
> of all the CD's when installing new packages? What would the be the
> easiest way to do this?
>
> Thank You,
> mtp5150

Hey all,

I haven't tried merging a the CD's yet. I'm cleaning of a HD partition
in preparation for my first attempt.  Mean while I found a program
APT-MOVE, anyone know about this? I haven't looked up any man pages on
it yet, but I'm wondering if this is something I should use.

Thanks,
mtp5150