Re: dissapearing sound

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 05:26:18AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 03/21/08 03:42, Bert Swart wrote:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > Recently I'm unable to play music from mp3 and movies after a while.
> > I'm using mpg321 for mp3 and mplayer for movies. Mpg321 hangs after
> > opening, and refuses to play the file. No error is given, the process
> > is not ended either.
[snip]
> What DE/wm are you using?  Running Iceweasel at the same time?

I'm running both KDE and Ratpoison; iceweasel is one of the browsers
used. Thanks for that pointer.

I rebooted my computer, started playing music. Then, I browsed with
iceweasel, afterwhich i played music again. But I don't seem to be able
to reproduce the failure.

Nevertheless, I installed alsa-oss, and edited /etc/iceweasel/iceweaselrc
to ICEWEASEL_DSP="aoss".

Thanks again!

Regards,
Bert