Re: Freeze on Caplock in kile

Peter Robinson wrote:
Hi folks,

I am running the latest unstable system. Three times in the last week my machine comnpletely froze up while I was using Kile, seemingly after hitting the shift key (?). The two LEDs on the upper right of the keyboard then start blinking, the mouse and everything else freezes (i.e., it is not possible to restart X but I needed to poweroff the computer manually). I havent experienced this since the good old days of the blue screen of death of Windows 98, where such events at least had a comforting sense of regularity to them :-0.

Any ideas how to trouble shoot this?

Thanks, Peter

It keeps getting better....now my computer beeped three times and everything went black (i.e., the computer shut itself off). I had a look at tail /var/log/messages, the last line was:

Mar 21 10:33:20 peter kernel: warning: process `nginx' used the deprecated sysctl system call with 1.33.

Could that have anything do to with my problems or does this sound more like a hardware issue?

-Peter