Re: Unpredictable drive naming with multiple SATA controllers

On Mar 18, 4:00 pm, Thierry Chatelet <tchate...@free.fr> wrote:
> There are numerous threads on how to fix the problem. Google should be your
> friend on that one

I've searched a lot.  All the matches I'm getting are about tying
device names to specific *drives* or about solving boot-time issues.
We have a different problem.

We don't want to attach device names to drive IDs because,
periodically, we replace the disks, and we don't want to have to
change configuration every time we swap a drive.  And we don't have
any boot issues, because our system drive is on "parallel" ATA.

So, as before, any recipes would be appreciated.