Re: Apt Database Recovery

David Baron:
> I have been getting this when upgrading:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/apt-listchanges", line 227, in ?
>     main()
>   File "/usr/bin/apt-listchanges", line 148, in main
>     seen.close()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/bsddb/__init__.py", line 237, in close
>     v = self.db.close()
> bsddb.db.DBRunRecoveryError: (-30975, 'DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run
> database recovery -- PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery')

To be specific, this is apt-listchanges' database, not that of apt.
Anyway, I had the same problem recently because of a "disk full"
situation during an aptitude upgrade.

A work-around (but not a clean solution) is to just (re)move the file
/var/lib/apt/listchanges.db. apt-listchanges will silently recreate it.
But you will probably receive changelogs and news that you have already
seen before.

J.
--
I wish I had been aware enough to enjoy my time as a toddler.
[Agree]   [Disagree]