Re: libapache2-mod-rpaf not in Etch

On 3/15/08, fili <fili@fili.nl> wrote:

> /apt-get install -t lenny libapache2-mod-rpaf

That might scare you, but it's not the same thing as doing a
dist-upgrade to lenny. But lenny uses
a newer version of libc, so maybe there are a number of packages to
get (more than you are comfortable with, of course).

I'd probably take the same approach (if a package is missing in
stable, grab it out of a newer repository, but only that package).

You could look for the package in backports, failing that get the
source (from the lenny repository, if you have a deb-src entry for the
lenny repository). That's probably going to be the saner approach,
because it lets you keep nearly everything else at the stable level.