Re: X doesn't start

Jan Brosius wrote:

I have posted a similar question to the maiming list. I do it now again because I think I was not clear enough.

First I installed debian 4.0r3 amd64 on my desktop and X works.
Then I installed debian on my laptop Acer Aspire 9920. But X doesn't start here. When viewing the X server output I see 2 errors.

I sent you are private reply pointing to the likely solution which is that there is a script someone has done which will configure xorg for nvidia on a difficult machine. Someone specifically mentions it fixing an Acer laptop in the same 99xx series.