Re: Amarok. Streaming Internet radio stops playing after 12secs

On Thursday 13 March 2008 17:58, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 13/03/2008, Nigel Henry <cave.dnb2m97pp@aliceadsl.fr> wrote:
> > I've hardly ever used Amarok, but as someone had a problem getting a
> > stream to play http://streaming.wrfg.org , I thought I'd give it a go.
> >
> >  The stream after buffering plays ok, but only for between 10-12 secs,
> > then the sound stops, and the analyser freezes. The seconds are still
> > ticking by, and Gkrellm shows the stream is still coming in from the
> > Internet, but no sound.
> >
> >  Stopping the playback, and restarting it, again buffers up, and plays
> > for a few seconds.
> >
> >  It appears to be a problem with the buffering. Amarok after filling the
> > buffer plays the stream, but the buffer is not being refilled, and as
> > soon as the buffer is empty the sound stops.
> >
> >  I did also try other Internet radio sites on Amarok's playlist. I'm on
> > dialup, so tried one that should be ok for dialup users, but same result.
> >
> >  I tried an .ogg music file, and that played with no problems.
> >
> >  Thinking it might be a problem with Amarok on Debian Lenny, I also
> > installed Amarok on my Archlinux install, but with the same results.
> >
> >  Anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem might be?
> >
> >  Nigel.
>
> Tested in Amarok 1.4.7 on Ubuntu 7.04, and it works fine. Garbage
> talk, but it works!
>
> Dotan Cohen

Hi Dotan. That's really weird then. You can confirm that you are getting
continuous streaming on that site, and others available on Amarok's playlist?

Are you using dialup, or broadband? Saying that though, I did try a stream
that was ok for modem users, and that just stopped outputting sound after
10-12 secs.

Nigel.