Re: Autostarting programs with Fluxbox

Christian Koerner a écrit :
Rehceb Rotkiv wrote:
Hello,

Hi Rehceb,

what is the proper way to automatically start a program after Fluxbox
launch? Most sources say something about ~/.xinit or ~/.xsession, but I do
not have/need these files because I launch Fluxbox from GDM (via a .desktop
file).

Not sure if it's the proper way but you can add the following line into
the file ~/.fluxbox/init:

session.screen0.rootCommand:    ~/.fluxbox/autostart.sh

In this file you can add the commands you want to run after fluxbox is
up. See also: http://fluxbox.sourceforge.net/docs/newdoc.manpage.php

With best regards,
Rehceb

//BR
Christian

You can also put this line into the ~/.fluxbox/apps to launch gkrellm at Fluxbox launch

[startup]           {gkrellm}

Hope this helps,

Christophe